Friday, October 12, 2012

Halfway there!!

I'm officially at the halfway point, Ladies and Gentlemen, in the course of this pregnancy! I cannot believe how quickly time is flying or that in just a few short months I will get to meet my adorable little guy! And yes, I already know he's adorable :) I mean, how can he not be? For realz...


Please ignore my severe case of "lazy hair." 20 Weeks preggo!!

Pregnancy Stats:


How far along? 20 weeks
Total weight gain: 5 lbs 
Maternity clothes? Wearing maternity clothes, but the pants are still a little big. Still better than wearing too tight regular jeans! Also just wearing a lot of loose tops that will still work for a while yet. 
Stretch marks? nope!
Sleep: Have been sleeping a lot better this last week. Still have to get up at night to pee but not as much. 
Best moment this week: Creating my baby registries on Babies R' Us and Amazon. *just search for Samantha Sadlier, if you are so inclined, family and friends :) 
Miss Anything? Being able to drink copious amounts of caffeine without worry. 
Movement: Lots of moving around! This little guy is active! Still no hard kicks, but I can feel soft kicks and punches. They've also moved up higher into my lower abdomen area versus staying down super low like before. 
Food cravings: Today is Subway. Hopefully when hubs gets home, I can satisfy this craving!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still heartburn and I have some seriously crazy allergies going on this year. Bleh.   
Gender: BOY!!
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Still same as last week - Heartburn, back pain, still have to pee lots and lots. Breast tenderness.
Belly Button in or out? Still in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: Honestly depends on the day. Or hour. You never know which Samantha you are going to get! lol. 
Looking forward to: Actually looking pregnant. I still don't think unless you know I am pregnant that I actually look pregnant. Can't wait for someone to ask me how far along I am or something. When I tell people now they look at my like I'm lying. Lameo.  


In other news, this week Newton (my dog, in case you forgot this post) and I both had a little grooming done. 

I've discovered my love for Shellac nails! I've had the gel before but Shellac feel a lot more natural and they are cheaper, which means I can get them done more often. Plus, they last like three weeks! They'd probably last longer if my nails weren't growing crazy style fast. Thanks, Folic Acid. :) 

Here's a pic of this week's nail delight :) And yes, these are my real nails. They look fake though, huh? I am mighty impressed with how they turned out. 



And here is a pic of my little Newton all shaved and clean!



For the record, when it comes to the grooming of dogs, I am not necessarily a proponent of having them shaved. I think it tends to ruin their natural fur texture. However, Newton being a rescue was likely shaved a lot before I had him because his fur gets out. of. control. He looks like a tiny bear. See example: 

Ignore the creepy glare of his eyes. But his hair gets so wild!!



So every six months or so, I try and get his fur at least cut down. I got him shaved this time because I hadn't had him into the real groomer in like a year and a half. It just got too expensive on my wallet so I tried to groom him myself for a while. (Wasn't doing him any favors, poor little guy.) But I recently discovered, thanks to my wonderful Mother In Law, that there is a pretty awesome groomer here in town and she did a great job. I can't wait till it grows in a little bit though so it will look a little bit better and more natural looking. 

Other than that, Daniel and I are planning on working on painting the dresser/changing table for the nursery this weekend. I will make sure and post before and after pics. 

Have a great weekend, everyone! TGIF!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment