Sunday, October 7, 2012

19 Weeks!

We hit the 19-week mark this week and it is so crazy to realize we are almost half-way there! I really thought pregnancy was going to drag by but it's flying! Which I am so grateful for. So many exciting things are going to be happening after this little one gets here and I cannot wait. I am trying to remind myself that these are mine (and Daniel's) last few months of absolute freedom without having the responsibility of a child.

Don't get me wrong. I want to be a mom more than anything and I cannot imagine my life any other way, but I am also not stupid or idealistic and think that having a baby is just going to be rainbows and sunshiny days all of the time. Babies are hard work. They need a lot of attention and that means a lot less time for me to spend goofing around on Pinterest or reading a book. I definitely won't mind doing those things less if it means I get to spend some quality time with my family and with my little boy, but it's still going to be a big undertaking.

I also found out at my follow up appointment on Thursday following the ultra sound that I have marginal placenta previa, which means that part of the placenta is about a centimeter away from my cervix. If I were to go into labor right now (and if I was full-term) I would have to get a c-section (ahhh!) However, since we are still only half way through the pregnancy, my doctor is not worried at all. He said I have plenty of time for my uterus to grow and expand over the next few months, which will create space so that the closeness of the placenta wouldn't be a concern during delivery.

However, he is going to check again with another ultrasound at 28 weeks just to make sure, which I am totally fine with. Gives me another excuse to see my little guy :)

Anyway, on to the pregnancy stats of the week:

19 week bump!


PREGNANCY STATS:
How far along? 19 weeks
Total weight gain: 5 lbs 
Maternity clothes? A mix. I finally broke down and bought a few maternity shirts and a pair of pants. Bought a few long tunics so I can wear them with leggings. 
Stretch marks? nope (stay away!!!)

Sleep: Still kinda rough. The peeing five times a night doesn't help my situation or the massive congestion I've had lately. Eww

Best moment this week: Finding out that we are having a baby BOY!!!
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my belly. 
Movement: Lots of twisting and turning during the day. Still no hard kicks yet.

Food cravings: Rice crispy treats. At least that was the craving today :)  

Anything making you queasy or sick: Just the heartburn.  
Gender: BOY!!

Labor Signs: No

Symptoms: Same as last week - Heartburn, back pain, still have to pee ALL OF THE TIME. Breast tenderness.

Belly Button in or out? Still in
Wedding rings on or off? on

Happy or Moody most of the time: Getting moodier, which I don't really like. 
Looking forward to: Getting the nursery ready! 

I've got a long work week ahead of me, but I am wishing you all a fast and easy week and hopefully the next weekend will be here before we know it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment