Monday, October 15, 2012

Remembering...

I just wanted to take a few minutes on my blog today to address a very personal and precious day that should be recognized. October 15 is a day of recognition and rememberance for infant and pregnancy loss. As someone who has had a miscarriage myself, I know that pain and know it is something I wouldn't wish on anyone. In some ways I feel fortunate that my little angel did not have to suffer long.

I know there are many women who have experienced a still born child or watched their baby die from unexpected complications or sometimes for no reason at all. It is heartbreaking for any mother and father to lose their child no matter how old they are and this is just a day to remember those angels.  This day hits especially close to home right now because we just passed the "angelversary" of our little one who would have been born Oct. 9 or somewhere around that day. It is hard to imagine that if I wouldn't have lost him or her that I would likely be holding a newborn in my arms today. But then again, I think that if I wouldn't have lost that baby, I wouldn't have this precious baby boy growing and developing inside of me as I type this.

It's days like this I have to remember to trust in God's plan and know that he will take care of my angel until we can be reunited again.

My prayers go out to all of the other parents who have lost an infant or pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment