Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Lately!

Hey fam!

It's been an exciting few weeks. Basically we were sick all of November. No joke. All of us. Sick. A lot of times. Gah.

We finally got on the mend, but this last week the kids and I seem to have picked up another bug. This one hopefully just a little cold. So far much better than straight weeks of the Norovirus.

In addition to being sick, we actually have done some fun stuff lately, so I figured I'd catch everyone up here on the blog.

Thanksgiving:

For Thanksgiving, we had Dan's family come visit from Southern Utah and some of his sisters already live up in our area, so it was nice getting the whole family together. We did Thanksgiving dinner at Chuck A Rama buffet. At 11 a.m. HA. It was definitely a different kind of experience. I've never done Thanksgiving at a restaurant before and certainly never so early. I probably wouldn't do it again, but it was a good time! Jack got to eat pizza so he was pumped on that.


Jack sure loves his grammy and papa. :) 


The next day we all met over at Gardner Village to see the elves and all of the cute little shops. It was so cute and fun, and fortunately not too cold. It's been a very mild late fall up here. Although allegedly we're supposed to get snow soon.




This past weekend we paid a visit to the (helper) Santa. Jack never bought for a second that the Santa we saw was the real deal (despite that legit beard) so I admitted that the real Santa is at the North Pole and this guy is one of the helper Santas. I am not sure how much longer Jack has until he figures it out. He has a fantastic imagination, but is also very pragmatic. LOL.



We also went and paid a visit to my sister Nicki at her place in Park City. So beautiful up there despite the overwhelming lack of snow for this late in December. Mild year, I tell ya. Still, the kids had fun and I got to cuddle their new hairless cat. He's such a cute little guy.




So onto other stuff.

Update on Luna:

If you follow me on social media, you probably caught that Luna had to have a major dental surgery a couple weeks ago. She had her four top teeth capped. Her teeth are incredibly soft and she ground them down to basically nothing. It was really bad. The caps look great though and she's healing up perfectly! She will be 19 months in a couple days and I can't believe we are already heading toward her second birthday.


Update on Jack:

Speaking of birthdays, Jack reminds me regularly that he is turning 5 on March 9th and he is READY FOR IT. Me? Not so much. (My baby!!!)

Jack is doing great with school and reading. He loves going to preschool and is lukewarm on the preschool program (UPSTART) that he does daily, but it's helping him a lot and is a good chance for us to sit down and practice his new skills with him.

He did his school holiday program this week and it was SO CUTE. Nothing like preschoolers singing Christmas carols. Also, he made me a present at school and wrapped it himself. *Melt*




Update on Daniel: 

Work is going well for Daniel and last week we got to go to his company holiday dinner. It was a fun chance to get dressed up and out of the house sans children.




Update on me:

Just living that mom life, you know. Cleaning, doing laundry, hauling kids around, obsessing over politics and watching our country demolish itself before our eyes. You know, the usual.

I have a few projects in mind for this next year coming up; goals I've set and hope to accomplish. It's so easy to let motherhood consume you and I've definitely allowed that to happen the last couple years, especially since becoming a stay at home mom. I miss having a separate identity from my kids and family. I hope to bring some of me back this year.

For now, we are just on crunch time this final week before Christmas. We have family coming to visit and I am so excited to see everyone. Gotta kick this cold first and find a way to get ahead of the never-ending laundry game. Hope you all are having a great holiday season. Don't let it stress you out too much. Have a great week, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment