Saturday, November 4, 2017

Dear Luna: 17 months

Watching this girl of mine grow and learn is such a magical experience. I feel so fortunate to get to do this a second time. She's totally her own little person now and is so full of personality and fun. She's smart and just the right amount of independent. She loves fiercely and has such a kindness for all things. Of course, I could sit here and brag on her all day.

It's just been a minute since I've gotten a chance to blog about my life and my kiddos. This move took a lot more out of me than I was expecting. In addition, my mental health has been a struggle but I think I'm getting a little bit more back on track with that too. Hoping to resume a more regularly scheduled blogging program around here. I miss writing.

So let's get to this update on Miss Lu, shall we?




PLAY





She walks.
She runs.
She chases puppies and knows all her animal noises. Her faves are reading about jungle animals and farm animals. The elephant is probably her favorite.

Real life, she loves dogs. And cats. We met a kitten at the pumpkin patch the other day and she was over the moon.

Her favorite things to do include playing on the slide at the park, going on walks in the wagon and following her big brother around and wanting to do everything he does.

She doesn't like to sit still for long. She'd rather run around and play. Luna isn't too into TV. Once in a while you'll catch her watching Team Umizoomi, Paw Patrol or Blaze or Nella the Princess Knight (thanks, Nick Jr.!) She was really obsessed with True and the Rainbow Kingdom on Netflix for a hot minute but someone (ME. It was me.) got pretty sick of watching that on repeat, so we've been avoiding Netflix. lol. Luna knows how to log on to my ipad, find Netflix, pick her own user and then locate the show she wants to watch. Kids these days, man. lol.

EAT



She is kinda picky but not nearly as bad as her brother. She likes most meats, some cheese, some fruits (as long as they aren't too messy), she really likes veggies. She likes crackers somewhat. Her favorite foods are probably grapes, turkey and anything with peanut butter. It's still a struggle to get her to eat a decent amount. Much like her brother, she is a grazer; a snacker. She doesn't like to sit still for long to eat. Too busy. She's still nursing. I know, *gasp!* shocker. How weird, right? lol. I'm practicing the "don't offer, don't refuse" method of weaning, but for the most part, I'm letting her decide when she's done. Luna really likes to drink water, but won't drink any other kind of milk or juice.

She's also been seen dipping her finger into my coffee for tastes now and again. lol.

SLEEP

Ugh. I'll be honest, It's been a rough couple months with sleep with this girl. She nurses a lot at night. She's tucked into my side the entire night and has been known to sleep directly on top of me. I don't mind her in my bed. The biggest struggle I'm having is that she won't stay asleep if I try and leave. No matter how sneaky I am, she always wakes up. This makes late-night Stranger Things viewings with my husband very difficult. I still have no regrets not doing CIO. It just doesn't work for us, but at the same time, I very much look forward to the day that she is sleeping well without me right by her side.

GROWTH

She's a big girl. It's been a while since we've had her weighed. But my scale says she's about 23.5 ;bs and she is 32 inches tall. I do know that her growth has slowed down substantially, which is normal now that she's walking. She fits in a variety of clothing. Some 12 month still. Mostly 18 months. I expected her to be bigger by now and got her a bunch of 2T clothes, but they are all too big. lol. Her feet are growing fast. She's outgrowing all her size 5 shoes. She still fits comfortably in size 4 diapers.



She's a chatter box. Not as much as her big bro, but girl still has plenty to say. Like I mentioned, she's got her animals down. She knows all her body parts and can point to them accordingly. She (like her brother was) is a fan of Team Umizoomi. I love the shiz out of that show for young kids. I swear, thanks to that show Jack was a little baby genius. Luna even was able to identify a circle (she said it like "kerkle" lol) today and triangle.


She is also starting to string words together in a sentence.

She says "what is it?" a lot. Or "Need this." She is also fond of telling the dogs to "lay down." Ha. Wonder where she's heard that before. :P

Yesterday she told me: "I did it! I did it!" when she threw away some garbage. Girl is a neat freak. ha. And later when I asked her where her daddy went she said, "Daddy not here!"

I think this big verbal leap might be to blame for the crap sleep as of late. Ha!

I seriously have so much fun with Luna. She's my little buddy. We are very rarely separated and I'm okay with that. These early days go by so quickly. I'm grateful I get to savor the time I have with her. She is so full of love for everyone. She loves her pups, her brother, her daddy, her grandparents, cousins. I'm so lucky to watch her enjoy life. I hope she can hold on to these traits as long as possible. This world is lacking in love, empathy and compassion. If my children can maintain these throughout their life, I hope to see the world a little bit better off for it.

I love you, my Luna. I am so grateful I get to be your mama.




No comments:

Post a Comment