Monday, January 1, 2018

Hello, 2018. (A 2017 Year in Review)

Hi readers! (all five of you. :P)

Hope you all had a fun time ringing in the New Year. Unless you're my neighbors who insisted on screaming, yelling and doing a stupid amount of poppers for 5 hours straight until 1 a.m....then I hope one day you're blessed with a baby who doesn't sleep and and a toddler who thinks it's cool to wake up at 6 a.m.

Karma, sleep karma. I hope it's a real thing. Ha.

Moving on...

2017 was a pretty great year for the Sadlier family. Although it depends on who you ask. I personally loved it. For the world? 2017 was kind of shit and I'm not expecting 2018 to be much better. Unless a certain impeachment takes place, then SIGN ME UP.

Otherwise I'll just be focusing on what I can do to make a brighter world for my little family and hopefully some of those around me. I am the kind of person who really struggles with not absorbing the pain and negativity of what is going on around me. So I guess that is one of my resolutions this year...to focus on the positive. So you might see a little less of me on social media. I definitely have a tendency to get sucked into the negativity there. I need to make my mental health a priority this year as much as I can.

Other goals: going to work on my fitness. I am really horrible about working out. I have a few bodily injuries from sports in high school that make it difficult for me to do anything high impact, but I need to start getting a little busier and I'd love to -get more toned. I also plan to get back on a low-carb diet. It helped me so much in the past. As someone who suffers from PCOS, it's necessary for me to watch my diet a little more closely to keep the weight at bay.

Like I said, 2017 was kind of a mixed bag, but here are some of the highlights:

We welcomed a new floofer to the family. He's a little jerk most of the time, but he's MY jerk and I love his cuddly little face.



Jack turned 4!!



Luna turned 1!!



We bought a house.



Jack started Pre-School :)



Daniel turned 32 and continued to kick ass at his job!

I entered a new decade of life (hello, 30) and read 43 books, drank a lot of coffee and mommed so hard.



It was a good year. I feel so lucky to have my little family and am excited about what the next year is going to bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment