Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Life...lately.

*brushes away the cobwebs and dust*

*Taps mic* Hello? Hellooooo? Anybody there? Wow, this is the longest I've gone without a blog post since I started this blog five years ago! Dang. It's been a busy time, folks! If you follow me on social media, you'll know that we bought a house, moved in and are still working on getting out of our rental. (Will be done by the end of the month). I have a PRESCHOOLER NOW. OMG. And a toddler who WONT QUIT.




Also, a puppy who is as destructive as he is cute and takes up much of any extra time I ever even thought of having. My toddler has become a horrendous sleeper, so my chances to get any writing time done while she is napping or otherwise asleep at night are basically none. I'm crossing all my fingers and holding my breath right now that she stays a sleep for a decent amount of time today during her nap and doesn't need me right next to her so I can get some of this writing done.

Sooo Updates:

Jack is officially 4.5 and is the smartest, cutest little preschooler you'll ever see. He loves school. He hasn't cried once going and barely has time to tell me goodbye as he gets out of the car to go to class. He also has been doing the online UPSTART preschool program daily and is practically reading and writing real words and sentences. It's wild how fast this kid learns. I'm envious.



Luna is almost 16 months and is a walking, talking machine. She's always so busy playing with toys and literally running around the house after Jack and the puppies that she doesn't take time to cuddle much anymore. Unless she's sleepy and then I better not even think of leaving her side. She's a chunk at about 24 lbs and is in 18-24 month clothes. Some 2T! She started showing an interest in the potty this week, but I'm not ready for that business yet. Ha. She talks all the time and cries every time we drop Jack off to school. Picking him up is her greatest joy. She's a terrible grocery shopping partner and we can't even think about taking her to a restaurant. (TOO BUSY!) But she's also a ridiculous amount of fun.




The dogs are a lot of fun and a lot of work. Thor recently started going to behavior classes each week, which have been so fun for he and I to get some alone time together to work on his training. He's still constantly up to puppy trouble, but he's cute so he's got that going for him. Freyja is pretty sick of his shenanigans though and can usually be found trying to ignore him and taking lots of naps. She still loves going for walks any chance she gets.





Daniel is officially into his 30s now as we just celebrated his 32nd bday with a rare date night. It was so fun and even though my kids freaked out when we left (Thanks again, Holly! lol) it was good for us to have some time together. We are coming up on our 7th marriage anniversary and I just can't believe how fast time has gone.




I spend my days living that mom life, taking care of all that needs to be taken care of. We are still moving into the new house. It's definitely functional, but there is a lot that still needs unpacked and we haven't done any decorating. We'll get there slowly but surely.

We are all very excited that autumn is on the horizon and cannot wait for Halloween. Cooler days are my favorite, except winter can hold off just a little bit longer. (Jack is pretty excited to play in snow again though).

Also, in case you missed it (and in case you even care) I chopped my hair. It was so unhealthy from all the processing and I just wanted to start fresh and I love it so much.



That's my little family in a quick blurb. I've missed writing and hope I can get back to doing so more often here. Thanks for tuning in, folks!






No comments:

Post a Comment