Monday, August 7, 2017

Luna Marina: Month 14 update

Hey cool kids!

It's been a while since I did an update on our little miss! I finally took her in for her one year well check last week, so I figured I'd do a little update here on the blog. Luna is a walking, talking little person now and it's so awesome to watch. Part of that development makes me sad because I know this is the last of the firsts we'll get to experience with our own kids, but it's also so incredible to watch her learn something new every day. I love this stage.




Her stats:

Height: 32.5 inches (98 percentile!)
Weight: 23.9 lbs (83 percentile)
Clothing size: 12-18 months, 18-24 months (depends on the clothes and the brand)
Shoes: almost size 5, but the 4s are getting too small.
Diapers: size 4
Teeth: 9 - almost 10. She got a molar and one of her bottom teeth last week within a day of each other and the second molar is ready to pop through any day.

Sleep: Usually is pretty great! She takes one nap a day, sometimes two cat naps if she happens to fall asleep in the car or something. Her big naps lasts anywhere from an hour to two. She sleeps at night from about 8-7. Sometimes she'll sleep in. Occasionally her first few hours asleep are a little rocky and I'll have to nurse her back down a few times. She still co-sleeps and I don't imagine that will change. I'm thinking this fall/early winter, we're going to transition her straight into a twin bed like we did with Jack. The toddler bed never got used and we've obviously never had a crib for her, but we'll see how it goes.



Eating: Girl will pretty much eat whatever. She's only weird about sweets, which is so me. I'm not a big dessert person myself. She still doesn't like any kinds of milk and isn't a fan of most fruits. But loves veggies, cereal, breads, meats, cheese (one of her fave words is cheese and in fact, she refers to most foods as "cheeeese" lol)



Breastfeeding: She's still nursing throughout the day and to bed at night. I don't anticipate this will change anytime soon as we're doing baby led weaning. Jack was 2.5 when he weaned, so I'm interested to see if she goes that long or not. Also, IDGAF if anyone thinks I'm weird for participating in "extended" breastfeeding, so keep your opinions to yourself. k, thanks. :)


Also, little lady is a little chatter box, just like her big brother. She has a few dozen words that she says regularly and with meaning. Her faves:

Mama, Jack, Dad, pup pup, bubbles, bye, cheese, please, share, some, bite, night night, bye, shoe.

I love that she is so great at getting her needs met. She is really great at communicating to me what she needs or wants and that makes my mama life so much easier.

Luna loves being outside, loves hanging out with her brother and her dogs. She brings me books to read at least once an hour and enjoys dancing to anything with a beat. She loves her bubble machine and taking baths. Every time I change her diaper she thinks she needs a bath and will say, "no dipe. Bath!" haha. It's so funny. She loves to wear shoes and brings me her shoe, brother's shoe, my shoe, doesn't matter and will say, "shoe on!" lol.





This is such a fun age to watch her grow and develop. And now that she's walking and full mobile, I rarely get a chance to sit. But that's okay. Saves me money on a gym membership! Ha.




Thanks for reading all about my sweet girl. She is my favorite little lady and we love having her in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment