Friday, March 24, 2017

Our New Addition!

Yesterday was National Puppy Day and I wanted to get this post up then because I've been meaning to do an introduction post for our new puppy. BUT you know how I do (that mom life tho) so here I am. A day late. OH wellzies.

Meet Thor.


 He's so tiny here! He's literally doubled in size, I swear.

He's a mini American Eskimo dog and is basically made of fluff. For those wondering, he is part of the spitz family (same as pomeranians) and we all know I have a soft spot in my heart for those poms. One time, when Daniel and I were first married, we were in Petco and I ran into a lady carrying one of these puppies. And I died. Of too much cutes. And ever since I've wanted one. Well, we were going to hold off on getting another dog until later this year, but once I got the puppy fever, I couldn't stop shopping around. We toyed with the idea of getting a rescue. Especially because Newton was a rescue and that was such a rewarding experience. But every rescue we looked at wasn't good with young children so we weren't given the chance to adopt. So we figured we'd look into getting a dog from a breeder. Luckily we found this sweet guy a couple weeks ago.



He's 11 weeks and so far he's just such a fun pup. He and Freyja are seriously BFF's. They play all day long. He seems to like everyone, especially the kids. I have to watch him like a hawk around Luna. Don't worry, I never leave them alone together. Not even for a second. He is a puppy and if you've ever had a puppy, you know how much they like to play bite. Even though he may not seriously hurt the kids, I won't take any chances. So we are just working on practicing play biting with dog appropriate toys instead and starting his training in basic skills.



Eskies are known for being incredibly smart dogs and Thor is no exception. I'm super excited to start taking him on long walks once he gets better used to the leash. He loves to play and train and I suspect he is going to be a really good dog for our family. The kids love him although Jack is cautious toward him, which right now, is really a good thing. Luna, on the other hand, wants to romp and play with him. It's the funniest thing to watch them interact. The first night we got him, he was looking at Luna on the floor and he barked at her to get her to play with him. And it scared her and I thought she was going to cry for a minute. But instead, she let out this really loud screech. haha. Her own little bark, I guess. It was hilarious. It'll be so exciting to watch these kids and puppies grow up together. We are all so in love with this little furball.

No comments:

Post a Comment