Monday, March 6, 2017

Luna Marina: Month Nine

I'm only two weeks late getting this posted, no big. My baby girl is 9 months old! Woweeee! She's such a fun baby. I love watching her personality evolve more and more each day. She's a definite mama's girl, but no one can make her laugh harder than her daddy and especially her brother. She loves our puppies and is happy 90 percent of the time. She's curious and studious of everything she encounters. You can see her little brain interpreting new information all of the time. It's fascinating to watch her learn. Watching her get bigger and smarter and stronger is both my pride and my heartbreak. Knowing she's our last baby makes it harder, but at the same time, I am so excited for her to grow and become her own person. The bittersweet life cycle, I suppose.



Her stats:



Weight: 22 lbs (estimate) 
Length: 27 inches (estimate)
Clothing:  Mostly 12 months and some 9 month stuff still fits. She's in size 4 diapers now. 
Teething: 4. Working on more
Nicknames: Luna Bug, Buggie, Bunny, Lu-Lu, Little Princess.
Words: mama, dada, Jack, pup pup (sounds like bup bup), dance, hi and is pretty great at screaming, squealing and blowing raspberries. 

Sleep: 

At night she sleeps with us (still) from about 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. on average. Sometimes she goes to bed a little earlier and then wakes up early, but it's usually a solid 12 hours. She does semi wake to eat a time or two at night, but I barely notice. Except. The past couple nights she has been crying in her sleep. Nothing will wake her up or console her. I just have to bounce/rock./shush her back to sleep. Kinda reminds me of when Jack had night terrors around the same age, just not as bad. 

Naps are pretty hit and miss. She takes a morning nap and then an afternoon nap. The times fluctuate on those, but two naps is pretty normal. 



Eating: 

She eats about one "meal" a day with some solid snacks and then breastfeeds throughout the day. I noticed when she's really teething she wants to nurse more. I'm okay with that. She's taking solids pretty slowly still, but I think that's good. Seems to help regulate her gag reflex better, which helps protect her from choking. Her favorite real food right now is apple sauce. Girl can put away some apple sauce packets. lol. 

And enjoys munching on her toes. lol

Mobility: 

Luna is a full-on pro crawler. She's EVERYWHERE. I'll never pee alone again. lol. Also she may or may not have gotten her first taste of dog food the other day when she crawled right over to the dog bowl and grabbed a handful in her tiny fist. yuuuuuuck. 


Heading toward the laundry room. Clearly looking for trouble. lol



She's also getting pretty great at pulling herself up on things. I'm really not ready for this girl to walk. Not going to lie. Stay my baby just a little while longer, please?!

Luna Likes: 
  • Mommy
  • Daddy 
  • Brother. 
  • Freyja and Thor puppies
  • Playing with toys. (mostly Jack's toys) and anything that looks fun to chew on.
  • Chewing on everything. 
  • Being held. 
  • Music. 
  • Dance parties.
  • Peek a boo. 
  • Reading. 
  • Video chatting.
  • Bath time.
  • Giving kisses.
  • Crawling around in the grass.
  • Eating crackers, or basically anything she can munch on and hold by herself.



Luna dislikes:
  • Being tired
  • Being ignored.
  • When I won't share my food.
  • When I won't let her play with my computer/ipad/phone. 
  • Teething.
  • When I try and pee alone.
  • When I take away potentially dangerous objects
  • When she doesn't get picked up on first demand. 


We love love LOVE having little Luna in our lives. Seriously, she has made our little family feel so complete. She adores her daddy and brother and our puppies. I just can't believe her birthday is going to be here before we know it!












We love you so much, Luna Marina! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment