Thursday, March 28, 2013

The story of a hungry baby

Jack is not even three weeks old yet and he's already joined his first addiction recovery group: Overeater's Anonymous for Babies! This kid apparently eats wayyy more than is necessary, hence the tummy troubles, gas and reflux symptoms. Duh. It was nice getting some affirmation that I was right about that. But I guess part of me still worried that he was just super hungry. 

Well the nearly two pounds he's gained in the past two weeks tells me and his pediatrician that Jack is clearly gaining enough weight. His dirty diaper production is also very impressive, so kid is getting well enough to eat. 

Today before his appointment was pretty rough. He was inconsolable unless I was feeding him. None of my regular tricks were working to soothe him. But feeding him as much as he wanted was basically making it worse. Fortunately I might finally have him convinced the paci isn't the devil. I have to trick him with a little flavoring the doc gave me but it might just be our saving grace. 




So now that we've identified the problem we've discovered that all in all, Jack is one healthy kid (thank, heavens!) He is now in the 44th percentile for weight and still the 18th percentile for his head measurement and 63 percent for his height, so still tall although this eating is definitely catching up with him.

He's in that super awkward growing stage where a lot of his newborn clothes don't really fit him anymore because he is so long and the onesies barely stretch so I can snap them. NB footie pj's were out a long time ago. Those are way too short. lol. But as you can see in the above pic, the 0-3 mo clothes are still a little big looking on him. Oh well, I am sure at the rate he is going, he'll have them filled out in no time :) 


One of his newborn onesies. Definitely not much time left in those. 

And just one more pic for good measure. His gas faces are hysterical. Not that I like it when he has gas, but the expressions crack me up. LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment