Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Let's talk glasses

Today on the blog we take a break in our regularly scheduled posting about my (super adorable) baby, breastfeeding, poopy diapers and my overactive post-partum hormones to talk about a little company called Firmoo.

I'd seen a few of my own fave bloggers with sponsored review posts about this trendy eyewear company over the past few weeks. That is why I was super pumped when they contacted me about posting my own review on my blog. I thought, I wear glasses (on occasion) so why not?

Even though Firmoo did send me my very own pair of glasses for free, I was told to be 100 percent honest in my review, so here I go.

First, Firmoo is cheap in cost, but not quality. The company offers a fun selection of frames for both gals and guys and is super easy to use online. You just submit your eye prescription, choose your frames and voila! Within a week or so, you have your very own pair of eyewear :) And at a much cheaper cost than what you pay from your eye doctor/vision center. The downside, you obviously don't get to try the glasses on first. I was a little hesitant about this part myself because I am very critical of how I look even in sunglasses, so I wasn't sure if I'd like the finished product. I remember spending about 30 minutes trying on frames at my eye doctor a few years ago when I first got my glasses (I use them for driving, I just have a slight correction, nothing too serious).

Fortunately Firmoo does have a solution to the whole trying on thing. With the virtual try-on system, customers can upload their own photo and essentially "try on" what the glasses will look like. Obviously this isn't going to be as great as the real deal, but it is a nice alternative. And if you are looking for a cheaper selection in your eye wear, it is worth going this route.

Another cool thing about Firmoo is that you can even buy glasses from them if you don't have a prescription. Maybe you are just one of those cool kids who like to rock the nerdy look? I know in elementary school I prayed that at the free eye-sight checks they do at school that they would tell me I needed glasses (never did until college).

And the COOLEST thing about Firmoo is the first-pair free program. Be sure to check out Firmoo's first-pair-free program to get your hands on some super rad frames. They have a fun selection, so don't be afraid to take a risk and get a free pair!

For the record, I am super pleased with how my pair turned out. I feel very librarian-esque and for those of you who know me, librarian is in my top-five of dream careers. :)



Feel free to email me or comment below if you have any questions about Firmoo and how this all works. Have fun!


1 comment:

  1. You look SO darling. What an awesome deal. Eye glasses can be so expensive. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete