Tuesday, March 5, 2013

An update on this never-ending pregnancy

I am by far from the first woman who has gone over due in pregnancy and will most certainly not be the last, but here I am almost 41 weeks pregnant. I've resigned myself to the fact that I have no idea when this baby will be here and I am going to stop expecting it to be "today," so family and friends I hope you will join in on this venture of patience with me. 

I had my 40 week appt today with my doc. Fortunately the massive amount of swelling I have been having is not a sign of pre eclampsia, but instead I am just one of those lucky gals who swells up nice and huge at the end of pregnancy. 

Evidence here: 

HUGELY swollen feet. Yikes. 

I am still only dilated to 4 cm and 85 percent effaced. Kinda disappointed in the lack of progress from last week, but I guess we'll meet baby boy when he is ready to join the world. My doctor did strip my membranes again today though and I am getting some hefty contractions but alas not enough to cause me to head into labor and delivery just yet. 

Fortunately over the weekend I had some family in town so that was a nice distraction! My older sister Kelly and her husband Jason and their two boys came to town along with my parents and brother Rusty. We had a really good time and went and saw my grandparents, who live nearby, along with my great Aunt and Uncle who were in town to visit so it was a little impromptu family reunion.

My sister Kelly and nephews Gavin, 2, and Patrick, almost 1 (on St. Patrick's Day)

My grandma and Patrick. Isn't he sweet??

Gavin and my grandpa. He was really impressed with grandpa's fire truck shirt.

Patrick and my mom. Just hanging with his grammy :) 


It was a really fun weekend and I was bummed they didn't get to meet Baby Jack yet. Gavin was pretty convinced there was no baby in my giant belly, but he did give him a kiss (aka my belly), which was really sweet. 

My parents are still in town hanging out until Stubborn Jack makes his appearance, which I am hoping is sooner rather than later, although it has been nice having my mom at my house helping me clean :) My house hasn't been this clean in months! (thanks, mom!)

So for those of you who are wondering where the heck this baby is, I am wondering the same thing. But rest assured, as soon as I am in labor (the real kind, not this prodromal crap I've been having for weeks) you will all know! 



No comments:

Post a Comment