Saturday, February 9, 2013

Finally! Nursery is complete!

If you've been following my blog for any length of time, you'll notice that in just about every post or weekly update, I make some kind of "promise" to getting the baby's nursery totally done.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, without further ado....

Baby Sadlier's finished nursery!

Ha! JK. This is the nursery about three months ago. We basically were using it as a storage room slash my library. Keep on a scrollin' to see the real finished room.

Another before shot. Whew, that place was a mess. Thanks to my mom and her crazy Tetris-style organizational skills, just about everything found a home in the baby's closet!


One more prep shot. Daniel painting the baby's dresser. This came with another crib that was left by the previous owners of our house, so we decided to paint it!

Finally! Crib assembled. Dresser/changing table set up. 

The bassinet that Daniel's mom bought for the baby. He'll be napping in here in the first few weeks/months. 

The wall hangings I purchased from Etsy. Love how they turned out with the room. 


Baby supplies and diaper bag. 

Our diaper basket. And vintage Raggedy Ann and Andy mirror. It doesn't really go with the rest of the decor, but I've had this mirror in my own room my entire childhood and I hold some sentimental value to it. It's super old so I really don't know what else I would do with it. 

The start of baby's own collection of books. 

Baby's closet. These are just SOME of his clothes that we have so far. Only including newborn and 3-6 months. Between hand-me-downs from my nephews (thanks, sis!), my mom, Daniel's mom and some very awesome friends, this kid is set on clothes!

And lastly, if you weren't "in the know" before, (cause you must live under a rock, or don't know me IRL) now you know that Baby S is also known as Jack Finn Sadlier!

I am not a huge fan with how how I've hung the letters here. I like the space but I need to find another way to do it aside from tacky push pins. I might just have to bite the bullet and hammer some holes into the wall so I can hang them with small nails. If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears :) 

I am feeling so productive this week! So glad to have the nursery all done and ready. Even though Jack won't be sleeping in there for a while, I wanted it all put together. We have the cradle in our bedroom all set up and ready to go with the glider for midnight feedings. Eventually we'll be moving that upstairs when he makes the transition to his own room.

Only downside with the nursery is that poor kid has to share it with my library. Sometimes Daniel and I refer to it as the Nurserlibrary. I still need a space for all of those books! I moved the nicer ones to a bookshelf in our living room, but I have lots of paper backs and "trashy" novels that I don't want to get rid of (gasp!) but don't really want out in the open. Our house guests don't need to know that I own almost all of Nora Roberts' books, OK? 

Daniel also got the stroller up and running!! Now we just need to get the car seat installed in my car, so we can bring Jack home from the hospital when the time comes. 

Let me just say this stroller is kick ass! It is light and easy to fold up and put away and super easy to maneuver. It is also super easy to put in the car seat. I am so excited to try it all out with the baby :D 

My last goal of the evening is to finish packing my hospital bag. I pretty much had everything ready, but had to do some laundry for some of the clothes I plan on bringing for myself post delivery. Nice and comfy tanks and yoga pants. I harbor no expectations that include wearing my pre-baby jeans on the way home from the hospital. Ha! Definitely not expecting that to happen.

So happy Saturday everyone! Hope you are all having a great weekend! 






No comments:

Post a Comment