Thursday, February 21, 2013

38/39 week update

Since I am officially 39 weeks today, I am combining this hopefully last pregnancy update! Tomorrow is my grandmother's birthday so many people (myself included) are hoping that baby Jack makes an appearance tomorrow. I frankly am hoping for the sooner the better! Tomorrow is officially my last day at work before I start my maternity leave. I wanted to work up until the last day but honestly it is getting incredibly uncomfortable sitting at my desk. I know I am better off than the ladies who are on their feet constantly, but it is seriously hurting me. I am just hoping that this baby comes before Monday next week so I won't have to "waste" any of my leave without the baby.

If he doesn't show before then, I am just going to spend my days doing yard work and deep cleaning the house to get things going. LOL. In the meantime, I'll continue taking my supplements and walking as much as I can and bouncing on my exercise ball so I can continue progressing. I do have another doctor appointment on Monday and I am really hoping that I won't have to make it to that point. If this baby isn't here by Tuesday, my doc will be gone until like March 5 or something, so there is a good chance someone else from his practice will be delivering my baby. I am not too disappointed to be honest. I know a lot of women have super close bonds with their doctors and would be really upset to find out (last minute, mind you) that their doc was going to be gone around their due date, but I don't really care. I've seen several other doctors in his practice too and I really liked them as well so I am sure it will all work out.

Let's take a look at how things are going for 38-39 weeks.
Yeah I look terrible. lol. I am swollen everywhere and bigger than I ever thought I would be. Still so worth it for this little guy. 


Pregnancy Stats:


How far along? 39 weeks
Total weight gain: 19 lbs. 
Maternity clothes? Yup 
Stretch marks? Still no new ones.
Sleep: Surprisingly getting a little better. I have an awesome hubby who has been rubbing my hips before I go to bed and they don't hurt all night anymore. 
Best moment this week: Getting better sleep. 
Miss Anything? I miss being able to paint my own toe nails.  
Movement: Yup. Lots. 
Food cravings: Not really anything specific this week. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just the insane heart burn.  
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: Lots of Braxton Hicks. Lots of real contractions, loss of plug (tmi) and the "show" (don't ask...) 
Symptoms: .More peeing than ever. Lots of cramping/contractions, breast tenderness is back and lots of swelling in my feet and legs.
Belly Button in or out? Still in.
Wedding rings on or off? Just leaving them off for now to be safe
Happy or Moody most of the time: Overall happy, but I've been having my moody moments. 
Looking forward to: Finishing up my last day at work tomorrow before I get THREE MONTHS OFF. I don't think I've had that much time off since I was like 12. 

So keep sending me lots of baby-having vibes so this little turkey will come out soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment