Friday, December 14, 2012

Baby Names

When it comes to choosing baby names, if you are like me, you are one of those girls who have thought about what you are going to name your future children since you were old enough to play with dolls. I always LOVED coming up with fun names for my barbies, baby dolls, etc. Then when I became a writer, one of my favorite parts of beginning a book was coming up with fun names for my characters.

But when it came time to come  up with a name for this little bundle of joy (who is currently getting a literal kick out of beating the crap out of my ribs) I felt the pressure. I wanted a name that was fun for both a baby and little boy, but something that wouldn't embarrass him as an adult. I wanted it to be strong, yet professional. Classic yet not overused. I also wanted to pick something that wouldn't result in a terrible joke when it came to his initials or something. At one point, I was in love with the name Sawyer and Daniel was in love with the name Atticus. We, albeit briefly, considered Atticus Sawyer.

That is until we paired it with our last name Sadlier and that was tossed out immediately. LOL.

At this time, we HAVE in fact decided on a name for our little one. I am not announcing it until he gets here, but if you know me IRL and catch me off guard one day at work or at a family function, I won't be able to resist telling you. Ha! I am terrible at keeping secrets.

I will say this. I never thought I would name my child a name that appeared on the Top 10 most popular baby names list, but alas, that is the name we have chosen. We just fell in love with it and no matter how popular it is, I know it is right for our little guy.

If you'd like to do some investigative work to try and narrow it down. I will tell you that his first name is in the top 10 of THIS list. On another baby name list, the baby's middle name appeared as the number one trending name for baby boys of 2012. LOL. I figure since it is his middle name though, it doesn't really matter.

And when I looked up the actual popularity of the first name on the social security website, the name wasn't quite as popular as the Baby Center list I found. So I am hoping that means, there won't be a dozen or so kids with the same name in his class growing up. However, Daniel and I both have pretty popular names (both appeared in the top 10 the years we were born) and I haven't ever really had an issue with getting confused because of my name, and neither has Daniel so we are hoping that it won't really matter.

So I am officially 29 weeks now, but I just haven't gotten around to doing my weekly pic and pregnancy stats post, so stay tuned for that in the next day or so. We have been making a lot of progress on the nursery though so I hope to have some fun nursery pics for you soon! In the meantime, here is one of the bassinet that my Mother In law bought for us. It's sooo cute! Cannot wait to try it out.




I also ordered a bunch of other stuff for the nursery so now we officially have a mattress for the cradle along with sheets, mattress pad and cover. Also have the changing pad, and the nursery bedding set I ordered came with a changing pad cover. Now we just need to get everything all put together!

Hope you bloggy readers have fun plans ahead for the weekend! I know we do :) LOTS of cleaning and finally decorating for Christmas. lol. I knew we'd get it done eventually. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment