Saturday, December 15, 2012

29 Weeks Preggo!

Time is just flying, guys! Seriously, when I first saw those two pink lines on the pregnancy test (or five that I took, just to make sure) I thought this pregnancy would go by soooo slooooow. But it's just flown by! Just a few days past the 29 week mark and I am pretty excited to be closer and closer to meeting my little man.

I have had a few friends have babies over the past couple weeks and it's just making this whole thing seem so real! Not that those quick jabs to my bladder and ribs don't serve as a constant reminder, but to imagine this life that is growing inside of me, come to exist in the outside world just seems surreal.

After yesterday's tragedy in Connecticut, I almost want to tell Baby Boy S that he can take up permanent residence in my womb and stay there safe and sound. Not really, but it does make me worry for what kind of world I am bringing him into. My heart aches for the dozens of families that were affected by yesterday's horrifying event. It makes you realize that you are really never safe no matter where you go. If there is any good to come out of the second-worse mass shooting in our nation's history, I would hope that it inspires some more goodness in the world. I would love to bring my son (and future children) into a world where life is full of love and giving and care for one another.

A friend of mine posted this list on Facebook last night and it made all of those tears that had been threatening to fall all day while I was at work just come crashing down. It was a good reminder that there IS still some good in the world.

My editor also had us write a few localized stories in relation to the shooting yesterday so while I wanted to cry my eyes out, I couldn't. Although I really couldn't help but tear up during President Obama's speech.

Anyway, the optimist in me hopes for a brighter future for my children. All I can do is do my best to teach them right from wrong and how to care for others, and that is what I intend to do.

Now moving on to a brighter portion of today's post.

29 Weeks preggo!



Pregnancy Stats:


How far along? 29 weeks
Total weight gain: Still 9 lbs (haven't gained any weight in couple weeks. It's like I gained all the pounds in a few weeks and that was that. I am sure it will start to come on in these final weeks though. Just trying to eat healthy and drink lots of water. I make no guarantees healthy will be on the menu for Christmas dinner however. lol) 
Maternity clothes? Yup. 
Stretch marks? Nope.  
Sleep: Still not great. Getting more used to functioning on lesser sleep though. All preparation for a newborn, I suppose.  
Best moment this week:  Getting a few decent night's sleep. 
Miss Anything? Diet Coke. 
Movement: More and more every day. He likes to punch my hip bone while simultaneously kicking my ribs. LOL  
Food cravings: WATER! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just the heartburn
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: Nope. Not really. 
Symptoms: Lots of peeing, terrible sleep, growing belly bump, exhaustion, lower back pain, etc. 
Belly Button in or out? Still in. 
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: This week was not pretty emotionally.  
Looking forward to: My family coming next weekend for the holidays!

Despite the cloud of sadness that hangs over our country these days, I hope you all are remembering what is important and spending time with those you love. Have a great rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment