Sunday, October 21, 2012

21 Weeks and a Wedding!

I am in the middle of 21 weeks pregnant and time has really started to crawl since finding out the gender it seems like. I don't know why but the pregnancy has been going so fast and now that we don't have much to look forward to in the next few weeks, it's seeming to crawl on by. I'm sure once the holidays get here though, time won't slow down enough for us to get anything done!

In addition to celebrating 21 weeks, I got to celebrate a very special occasion this weekend with one of my best friends! Nur and I were instant friends when she moved from Las Vegas to Cedar City to work with me at the Daily News. We two-manned that place for a long time before I up and moved to St. George to live with Daniel. However, we stayed close and she was even in my wedding as a bridesmaid!


Well, it was her turn to do the marrying this past weekend and she married another one of my favorite people. In fact, I was one of the lucky people to watch the love story between her and Andrew begin and unfold into one of the most wonderfully true love stories I've ever seen. After watching her and Andrew together, that is when I knew I wanted to have an awesome relationship like them. A few months later, I met ole Daniel, and that was that.

Andrew also officiated at our vow renewal part of our wedding, so both of these amazing people have had a huge part of my life, and it was so cool to get to celebrate their marriage with them.

Nur looked GORGEOUS! Such a lovely couple :)

First dance

Cake cutting

Us with the lovely couple. 

Don't mind Daniel's enthusiasm. He just loves getting his picture taken. 

Us before the wedding. We were being silly and could barely get out a smile without cracking up. 

It was nice because we were sat at the same table as another old friend of mine, Holly and her new husband KC. Holly also worked with Nur and I at the paper and although we don't see each other very much anymore, it was super fun to catch up and reconnect. 

KC and Holly

The delicious results of that cake cutting. MMMM


It ended up being an awesome night. We wanted to stay longer but we had some family stuff going on today so we made the drive back from Vegas last night. Daniel's little sister Gannelle just got home from her LDS mission in Alaska, so we had a good time catching up with her and the rest of the family. 

Now for the part you've all been waiting for!

21 Week Update: Pregnancy stats



How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain: 7 lbs 
Maternity clothes? Still a mix of maternity and just really forgiving tops and leggings :) 
Stretch marks? nope!
Sleep: Terrible. Since sleeping on my sides is my only safe option these days, I wake up with my hips and shoulders killing me. I had injured my shoulders in high school with cheer leading and they just do not like that continual pressure. But I get paranoid every time I roll on my back and I will wake myself up so my sleep is not super awesome anymore. 
Best moment this week: Going to Nur's wedding!
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my stomach and back. 
Movement: Starting to feel some hard kicks and Daniel actually felt him kicking from the outside the other day. It was pretty cool. 
Food cravings: Just lots of water and fluids. I've been so thirsty!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Really bad heartburn and then eating Mexican food for lunch yesterday and Pakistani foods for dinner last night at the wedding is not sitting well today. 
Gender: Boy OH Boy!
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Still same as last week - Heartburn, back pain, still have to pee lots and lots. Breast tenderness. Some moodiness.
Belly Button in or out? Still in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: Yeah. Lots. Poor Daniel. He never knows if he is going to get a crying wife or an angry wife. Fortunately I usually try and force myself to get over it and Daniel is good at making me laugh so that helps a lot. 
Looking forward to: Putting together all of the nursery stuff. We are amassing quite a collection of baby items!


And that is that for now. Hope you guys all have a fun/productive/fast-moving-so-we-can-get-to-the-next-weekend kind of week ahead!





1 comment:

  1. Oh my God, Sam, I totally didn't realize you have been blogging this whole time! Wow, way to be a spacey friend, Nur. This post is SO sweet... thank you! I was absolutely ecstatic when I saw you at the wedding but didn't want to make a scene by talking to the baby belly lol. I wish I could see you more, but this blog is definitely helpful for getting my Sam updates :) Any shower plans? I saw your registry. Will definitely send you something soon. And love the picture of the four of us. Yours came out better than mine did! I want to get in printed. I miss you!! Your other posts made me so emotional. I've missed too much. I'll try harder to keep in touch!

    Nur

    ReplyDelete