Sunday, September 30, 2012

Planning for the grand gender reveal!

If you are a Pinterest freak like myself or if you just find that you have TONS (not really) of free time to scour the Internet looking for the latest trends in all things baby, you probably have heard of the popularity surrounding Baby Gender Reveal Parties.

And if you live under a rock and have no idea what the heck I'm talking about, these increasingly-popular ways to celebrate the gender of an unborn child usually include some sort of gathering consisting of family and friends, themed decorations and some way to surprise announce if Baby is a boy or a girl.

Totes fancy fance decorations!!


One of the most popular ways I have seen that announcement made is through a cake. Basically, the parents will go to the gender scan. Instead of the doctor telling them if they have a little miss or mister planning to come out of the womb in the next few months, the doc will put the gender on a piece of paper, which is placed into a sealed envelope.

The parents will then take the envelope to a bakery and give it to the baker who will make a cake and fill it with some sort frosting on the inside or will just color the cake itself either blue or pink to reveal the gender.

A little something like this. Thanks, Pinterest!


Then, surrounded by all of those excited family and friends, the parents will cut into the cake to find out the gender! Sounds cute, right? I personally love the idea but honestly I don't have a lot of close friends that live in our city and Daniel's side of the family is pretty busy with their own lives, and mine don't live here.

So alas, at least this time around, no fancy gender reveal party for us. Maybe next time!

In the meantime, I still want to come up with a cute way to announce if the baby is team blue or pink (yes, I am one of those gender stereotypers. LOL)

We've also contemplated doing something like the following:
Cute, but a waste of ice cream if you ask me. 



Ya'll have probably since this blowing up Pinterest from day one. I've seen it done lots of times on my FB, cute but I worry about it being done too many times now. 



Cute and simple, and a good excuse to buy candy!

Honestly, no clue what we will end up doing. Probably something pretty boring, but all in all, finding out the gender of your first-born child is pretty monumental as it is, so I am sure it isn't a moment I will ever forget. Only 75 more hours!!






No comments:

Post a Comment