Saturday, September 22, 2012

I apologize for my absence!

Hello, blog world! I realize I have been gone for a few weeks from the blogosphere, but I promise, I have a good excuse! Daniel and I went on vacation to the Carolinas last wee and it was GLORIOUS. Neither of us have ever taken a real vacation together. Nope not even a honeymoon! (Gasp!) We bought a house right after getting married instead, so there went the honeymoon fund.

We figured with a little bambino coming into our lives shortly, it was no or never time. I remember how difficult it can be to have a decent vacation with kids. It makes it rough, which is why my family didn't do too many vacations when I was growing up. So we did a babymoon instead and headed out to Charleston, SC followed by Wilmington, NC, where we visited tons of beaches and amazing places. Now we are just back from our trip and trying to back into our regular lives. Really wish there was a rule that you could take a vacation after a vacation before having to go back to work. amiright?? LOL

 Just to warn you in advance, this post is PIC HEAVY!! (all photos courtesy of myself.)

Charleston, SC at Mount Pleasant, right in front of the USS Yorktown ship.


Fort Sumter. Where the Civil War began. Also in Charleston.

Wrightsville Beach. Beautiful!!


More of Wrightsville. The water was so warm!

Me at 16 weeks preggo! on Wrightsville. Still not really showing. lol


Airlie Gardnes. One of my fave places we went in Wilmington.

Me in the Tranquil Gardens in Airlie. So many butterflies!!


The Riverwalk in Wilmington.

Carolina Beach. So beautiful even when cloudy. My mom lived here for a time when she was a little girl!

So that is our trip in a brief picture description. There was also another aspect of the trip that I want to share with you guys, but that will be in my next post because this one already has wayyyy too many pics. LOL. 

In pregnancy news, things are going great! I am now 17 weeks and we are only 11 days away from getting to find out if we have a little Miss or Mister on our hands (or rather, in my belly!) Cannot wait to find out :D 


No comments:

Post a Comment