Sunday, July 2, 2017

Fitness update!

Hey readers!

I've been meaning to do an update on how my fitness stuff is all going. For those of you who are interested in what I've been up to to shed some weight, this is basically the gist of it:

  • Low-carb diet 
  • Chasing around burgeoning toddler and four year old. 


The other thing I've been trying as of late is a new app I found out about through my blog. It's called Aaptiv and is an app that works to combine fitness trainer guidance with a kick-ass play list. The app and especially its new workouts are specifically geared toward moms and those looking for great maternity-style workouts. I've been taking mine on walks with me. So much fun and a great way to get the kids out of the house while I also get to get fitness guidance and tips from some of the best in the industry like Kira Kohrherr of FitBump as well as yoga instructor Kristen McGee. These trainers are trained in both pre and postnatal exercise.

So if you're looking for a work out method to go along with your busy mom sched, I highly recommend Aaptiv. This fitness app offers short, quick workouts if you're like me and don't have a schedule that allows you to dedicate so much time to work out. From stretching exercises to yoga, walking, meditation, 5K training and more, Aaptiv offers a seriously good work out. The best thing about having a fitness app like this on your phone is that you can do it anywhere. At home,outside, at work, even at the gym (without the high price of an actual trainer!)

I did get to try the app for free, but so can you! *they are offering free for 7 days!* It's only $9.99 a month after that and you can cancel anytime.  Check Aaptiv out today. Seriously. I don't recommend products I don't absolutely love and believe in.

My favorite part about this fitness app is that you can filter work outs by intensity and you can also set reminders and alerts so you remember when you need to work out. As someone who really struggles to stay motivated to working out, this has been super helpful!

I typically set up a stroller workout for the morning, an afternoon meditation session and yoga in the evening after I get Luna to bed. (but before Jack hits the pillow because we all know he's a little night owl) plus he likes to do Yoga with me sometimes. lol.

I'm only 5 lbs from my goal weight and I've been slacking on the low-carb diet a little bit lately, so I really need to get back into that. As someone with PCOS, carbs are my ultimate enemy. Fortunately Daniel doing the Ketosis diet has been helping me stay on track with mine. Keto is a little too hard core for me especially since it encourages you to rely a lot on high-fat foods and fiber. Since I no longer have a gallbladder a lot of extra fat and fiber makes me really sick, so I have found a way to balance low-carb with foods I can eat easily. I just don't go quite as low carb as Daniel. I try to stick to under 75 carbs a day and it's been a lot easier than I expected. I feel healthier and more in shape than I have in a long time.




I'm wearing shorts this summer, you guys. SHORTS. IDGAF if my white legs are blinding. I'm able to wear shorts. WOOOOT.

Anyway, I'd love to hear any feedback if any of you end up trying Aaptiv too. Keep me posted! It's really fun.

1 comment:

  1. Great.Hope your summer will be well. You can get more fitness on our site by choosing free services online. Check out it here Fitness and Health Calculator.

    ReplyDelete