Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Luna Marina: Month 10

Welp, I really got behind this time. So I guess I'm combing months 10&11. WHAT  HAPPENED TO MY LIFE???

Anyway...

We're in the double digits, folks. I'm simultaneously loving this age and am soooo sad that it is going by so quickly! I'm currently planning Miss Luna's first birthday party already. Holy COW! It's really exciting to watch my baby grow into a little girl, but it's also so hard. Basically my parenting theme: awesome, but really freaking hard. haha.



Let's look at stats: (she no longer wants to pose for pics on her baby boppy anymore! *sob*)




Weight: 22 lbs of pure baby chunk and muscle
Length: 29.5 inches (90th percentile for weight and height!)
Clothing:  Mostly 12-18 months and some 9 month stuff still fits. She's in size 4 diapers. 
Teething: 7, almost 8.
Nicknames: Luna Bug, Buggie, Bunny, Lu-Lu, Little Princess.

Luna is such a happy baby. It's rare to see her not smiling. She's always giggling, dancing and jabbering away. Her fave words currently are mama, dada and Jack. She also waves and says "hey!" and "bye!" It's so cute to watch her learn to communicate. Teething has been a monster, so when she is mad or having a tough day, you know it. She's not shy about expressing herself and I love it. I hope she's always this vocal about her wants and needs in life.



Luna Loves:

Giving kisses
Video chatting
Listening to dance music
Playing with blocks
Reading
Pulling up on everything
Playing outside
Swinging in the baby swing on the playground
Crawling
Watching and interacting with her brother
Bathtime


She's a mama's girl to the max, but adores her daddy and brother too. She's entered full on separation anxiety stage, so let's just say this mama is getting a tough upper body. ;) 




She's been sleeping pretty well at night, but it's hit and miss. We still co-sleep and I think that helps. Her naps are starting to narrow down to one a day sometimes, but she really still needs two. I've pushed up bedtime so that helps, but with the days getting longer, it's tougher to put her to bed at night. 

Luna has basically outgrown her pacifier completely, which is a really good thing. If you've been following this blog for a while you'll know what a struggle that was with Jack. He has only been paci free since...what...October? That was rough. So I'm definitely not pushing it. Plus, Thor enjoys chewing them up any chance he gets. So I'm officially not buying anymore. 

Eating...still breastfeeding almost exclusively. Seems Luna has picked up the picky gene. Dammit. Luckily she doesn't have the same dietary restrictions as Jack, but she's really not impressed by solid foods yet. Except for veggie straws and for some reason strawberries. Cause we like to keep things healthy round here. :P 

She loves our puppies and tries to grab Freyja any chance she gets. She loves Thor too and refers to him as "my pup pup." 

Her language has really exploded the past couple weeks. She repeats a lot of stuff we say, but I don't think she's connecting it to the meaning yet. But like today, I was training Thor and I said, "Good boy!" and she repeated it. She has also taken to saying., "All done!" when she's done with her food or wants me to pick her up. That was one of Jack's first phrases too. I tried to teach him baby sign and he said the words instead of doing the actions and that's what Luna has done too. It's still freaky how much these two are alike down to literally the weeks of development. 




Speaking of, she stands unassisted for very brief moments, but stands with one hand on furniture for long periods of time. Luna loves cruising furniture, but refuses to walk while holding onto hands or her walker. I imagine she'll be right around her first bday for full steps, just like big bro, but I guess we'll see. The walking skill is a very bitter sweet one for me, so I'm not in a huge hurry for it to happen. Once she crosses into toddler territory my job gets infinitely harder and I'll no longer have a sweet little baby, so that's kinda sad. :( BUT at the same time, it's so fun to get to watch your kids learn and grown and develop new skills. That's what life is all about I suppose. 




I feel so lucky to be this baby's mom. She's the perfect caboose to our family. I love feeling "complete." Bundle of joy is such a baby cliche, but she really is ours. <3 




No comments:

Post a Comment