Sunday, January 1, 2017

Farewell, 2016: A year in Review

I'm a day late getting this post out, but whatevs. 

Oh, 2016, you were kind of a jerk. To me. To my friends and family, and pretty much to the world. Many of us are not sorry to see you go. So Bye Felicia.

However, I should point out that for us, 2016 wasn't all bad. I mean, hello CUTEST BAYBEEEE GURLZ EVARRR.


Two weeks to 7 months! Wow!


The year of 2016 was a roller coaster for sure. High highs and low lows. Emotionally, I'm worn out. I'm ready to start fresh and kick 2017 off by looking forward to the good that might happen in the coming months and the positive effects I might contribute. I don't believe in karma but I do believe you can get out of what you put into the world. And in 2017, I plan to put more good. No resolutions, but I just want everything to be better and I want to do better in every aspect of my life.

It's incredible to think how much can change in 365 days. In putting together this post, I was scrolling past old pictures from the past year and it's crazy to remember some of the moments I'd forgotten. Despite some of the bad *cough* trump *cough*, I was fortunate to experience a lot of really great events and times with my family this year.

Here's my 2016 in review:

January -

  • Daniel got a job in Northern Utah and left his St. George company where he'd worked for the past 5 years. He moved in with his sister and brother in law for what we'd thought would be a brief and temporary stay that lasted way longer than what we'd expected.
February -
  • We got our house listed on the market only to have two consecutive deals fall right through. Jack and I stayed with my parents for a few weeks while we hoped for a quick sale of our house, which took much longer than we thought. 

March - 
  • Jack Bean turned 3!

April - 
  • Spent more time back in my hometown waiting for the house to sell. 
  • Welcomed my baby niece Tylie Victoria! 




May - 
  • Got hugely pregnant. 
  • Took our house off the market while we prepared for Luna's arrival. 
  • Welcomed the newest love of my life: Luna Marina Dawn on May 23. 






June - 
  • Re-listed our house, this time with a more dedicated realtor. 
  • Practiced being a mommy to two of the best kids anyone could ask for. 

July - 
  • Went back to GR, ended up house sitting for about 5 weeks while my parents went back east to attend to my grandmother who ended up passing away. 
  • I entered the final year of my 20s. 



August - 
  • Went to the annual Sadlier reunion. 
  • Welcomed my adorable nephew Donevin! (babies, babies everywhere!) 

Tiny baby Donny. :)



September:
  • Daniel hit the big 3-1! 
  • We finally got a solid offer on our house! 
  • Melon Days!



October: 
  • Moved into our new home in Northern Utah and felt complete as a family of 4!


November: 
  • Spent Thanksgiving with the Sadlier/Martin clan in St. George. 

December:
  • Holiday fun abound!
  • Said goodbye to my sweet pup Newton.
  • Watched my baby sister get engaged to her amazing girlfriend! 





So much happened when I break it down like that. But it really went by in such a blur. When I remember back to how I spent New Years last year, it seems like it wasn't that long ago. This was easily the fastest year of my life. Incredible how that happens. 

I am looking forward to what 2017 can bring, and for now, am optimistically hopefully that it was be a good year. I think the people I know and love are strong enough to fight against the potential negative actions we are bound to see worldwide. As long as we can remember to value our fellow man, love one another and fight together, I think we can continue making this a great place for our future and our children's future.



Happy New Year, folks. Let's do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment