Thursday, December 29, 2016

Holiday recap

Hey everyone!! Sorry for the radio silence here on the blog lately! It's been a busy few weeks! For all of us, I'm sure. The holidays are winding down and I'm finally taking the time to type up some of the highlights from the last little while. 

Despite a highly contagious stomach bug that eventually ravaged every member of my house in addition to my house guests, we had a pretty great Christmas. Miss Luna hit 7 months on the 23rd, (more on that in her monthly update post). 

 

That day was also the day my family (almost the whole lot of my immediate family members) decided it would be a great idea to hit up Target and Costco two days before Christmas.... ohmuhgod. 

Don't. Do it. Ever. Again. 

At least we had these cute shopping buddies. 

 

 
Jack and my niece Tylie had a blast Luna was not having it...
 


But fortunately we all made it out alive. 

Christmas Eve we spent with my fam and Dan's sister, her hubby and their sweet little baby Donevin. I say little, but at 4.5 months old...he's already bigger than Luna! 

 

 

And we played mamarazzi to the babies for some cute pics in their little Christmas outfits. 

 

Christmas Day we watched the kids open a ridiculous amount of toys. 

 
HP illustrated books! Woot! Good job, Santa ;) 

 
 

AND...

We got to all watch and take part in my baby sister getting engaged to her amazing girlfriend! (Now future wife!) 

It was so special and we were elated to get to be part of it. 

 

 
So happy for these incredible ladies! 

All in all, it was probably the best Christmas I've ever had in my life. I had the best time with my family and watching the kids soak up the magic of the holiday. 

 


 

 

 

 


 

 
Had some sadness hit us Monday morning with the passing of my sweet pup Newton (more on that later. I'm just still struggling). 

But thanks again to all those who came and had a great time. Missed those of you who couldn't make it! Done super bug hit my house and every single person got hit. So terrible! But again, despite the negatives we all had a great time. I'm so grateful to be part of such a rad family. Love you guys! 

Hope you all reading are having a fabulous holiday sewason! 

No comments:

Post a Comment