Monday, July 25, 2016

Luna Marina: Month Two

Hey readers! Did the past month fly by for you too? I swear, the harder I try to hold on to time, the faster it slips away. I'm making a valiant effort these days to try and enjoy each day as it comes. Especially considering I'm still living in limbo and it's really easy to always be thinking forward in these situations. 

Each day I watch as my kiddos get bigger and bigger and develop more and more of their own selves. As much as I love the newborn squishy stage, I also love when your baby begins to develop his/her personality. Luna is getting so funny. She loves mimicking me already. It's so cute. She will mimick sounds I make like blowing bubbles and one-syllable sounds. Like, she says: "hi and hey" of course she's not really saying words but they are easy sounds to repeat. 

She's also getting nice and chunky. Real chunky. And I love it. Here's her stats: 



Weight: 12 ish lbs 

Length: no idea. Baha. 

Clothing: she's in 0-3 month stuff but quickly outgrowing lots of her outfits like all her jammies. 

Sleep: she usually wakes once or twice in the night. She occasionally cat naps during the day and other days she'll take long, solid naps all day. Often times she still only wants to nap in the ktan baby carrier. Or her bouncy chair. Haha. 


She's also a big fan of sleeping on us too. She loves getting in daddy snuggles when she can. 


She's still breastfeeding well, although showing signs of silent reflux like her brother did. :/ I'll have to talk to her doc about that at her upcoming well check. 

She is officially a paci fan, thank goodness!! Only of the MAM brand though. It's funny how kids all have different preferences. 


She's also showing off her physical prowess. She rolled over back to stomach yesterday when I was trying to get her dressed. And then she started trying to sit up on her own! Whaa?? 


She's so smiley and giggly these days. I love interacting with her. She's loving Jack too. And he still adores her. I can't wait to see how their relationship evolves as they get older. 


I try and remember back to a few years ago when I didn't have my babies and my memories are hazy. Even recent memories when Luna wasn't here yet are harder to imagine. It's like, being a mom has consumed me - but in a good way. I still try and make time for self care (easier said than done) but I love being a mom to these sweet kids. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment