Wednesday, August 22, 2012

We have an announcement!

First off, welcome to my new blog! 

Secondly, I'M HAVING A BABY!!

Yup, it's true. I am with child.

I'm expecting.

A bun is in my oven.

However you like to say it when a woman is going to have a baby in nine months, give or take. (I personally think they all sound a little weird.) 

Actually, little baby Sadlier should be coming in closer to 6 months now. I am officially 13 weeks today and my official estimated due date is February 27.

The second part of this duo (soon to be trio) is Daniel, my amazing hubs. I guess he probably had a little to do with this whole baby thing. 

Source: pinterest

Before I was pregnant, I discovered this online world of baby blogging or aka, mommy blogging. It seemed like a fun way to document a pregnancy and the baby once he or she arrives. I wanted to wait until I far enough along in the pregnancy to feel confident enough to start my blog. Thank goodness for being out of the first trimester! Still having some symptoms of nausea, major food aversions, etc., but they are MUCHO better than they were a few weeks ago.

For a glimpse of what is yet to come, here is baby at my 10 week and 4 day ultrasound, but baby was already measuring 11 weeks and one day, hence the moving up of the due date. 


Sorry it's vertical, but I am too lazy to figure out how to rotate it right now. Either way, great shot of the baby's profile! You can even kinda see the skeleton looking teeth through the skull....Creepy? A little. (Still love you though, baby!) Can't wait to see him/her again. Probably won't until my 20 week ultrasound when we do the anatomy scan. Seems like forever away, but still excited!

So don't mind the messy look (long day) and the crappy iPhone pic but here is the little bump at 13 weeks. I can still fit into my regular jeans and no weight gain as of yet. (have officially lost 8 pounds actually. Thanks, morning all-day nausea!)


My doctor wasn't concerned though and said that is pretty normal for some women. I am sure I will be adding on the pounds here soon enough now that I can actually eat more than just mashed potatoes for dinner. Anyway, check back soon for more pregnancy/baby updates! 

2 comments:

  1. Big congratulations! My first blog came soon after I got pregnant... it's such a wonderful time, who wouldn't want to share it!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I know what you mean. It's a much easier way to share what is going on with family and friends. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete