Monday, July 8, 2013

Remembering

Most of you who frequent my blog know that my amazing Granny died this past week. She'd been battling lung cancer for a few months now and finally decided that endless doctor appointments, chemo treatments and dozens of pills every day was not the way she wanted to live out her final days. At just 73, she passed away leaving so many of us heartbroken and not ready to say goodbye.

Lots of you also know that I live pretty close in proximity to my granny and poppa since they live in a tiny little down just a few miles away from us. I've been really lucky over the past few years to live so close to them. Even in college I was pretty close driving distance to my grandparents and was able to spend a lot of quality time with them. The first time I ever got a professional manicure was with my grandma. We went shopping together quite a few times and also went to the Hurricane Peach Days festival together each year. I remember those times fondly and am so sad to realize that I will never get to see her again in this life. I am just so grateful to have some awesome memories of her and also glad that she got to meet Jack. It's meant so much to me to see that.

My granny was a writer and I know I inherited that trait from her. She always encouraged my love of writing and reading and never let me give up on my dream of having my work published. She also used to frequent this blog :)  She helped me edit my first novel and never stopped bragging about my job as a reporter to her friends and neighbors. I also have her hands, long fingers, long nails; it's an honor to be able to share some of these beautiful qualities with her. I am going to miss her so much.


Baby me (in the blue) and my cousin Tressa, just chillin with grandma.

Jack and granny on Mother's Day this year.

 
Granny's first time meeting Jack. He's about two to three days old here.

Love you, grandma :)

No comments:

Post a Comment