Monday, September 3, 2012

Oh, Etsy!

About  two years ago when I first started planning my wedding, I fell into the deep, dark power of Etsy. I spent hours upon hours staring at beautiful, hand-made creations. My Favorites list went on for miles and I did purchase many things for our wedding from some kick-ass merchants on that site and spent a good portion of our wedding budget doing so :)

Ever since then, I managed to let go of my Etsy addiction and only go on there once in a great while. I'll admit, Pinterest has really helped me curb my online window shopping hobby. It's so much easier to just pin the crap out of all the things I want (many of which can be found for purchase on Etsy. Go figure!)

Now with a little one on the way, and my need to shop for all things baby related, I am falling back into the Etsy trap. In fact, I made my first baby-related purchase from an Etsy merchant after searching for nursery inspiration on Pinterest. I wanted something decorative that would go with the colors of the walls in the room we are using for the nursery and I wanted it to be something that would start the "theme" for the rest of the nursery that would be awesome for either boy or girl. I found just the thing!

I got the 5x7 versions and we are planning to hang them up. 

This is the inspiration for the nursery. Slightly different colors, but similar theme.

Cannot wait to start doing more decorating :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment