Friday, May 25, 2018

Miss Lu is TWO!

OMG you guys. My baby. She's two! It's such a wild and surreal experience to watch your kids grow. Most of you can probably relate, it felt like our youth was so slow. I remember elementary school felt like it was soooo long. Now that I have kids, my life has been taken over by a time thief.

Watching them grow, my babies, is such a bittersweet experience. I long for newborn cuddles, but I embrace watching their personalities develop and grow. Luna is such a smart cookie too. Plus, she's funny. She's always making us smile and laugh. And she's got the baby-of-the-family act down to a fine art. We don't mind. We love letting her call the shots (most of the time.) And her big brother absolutely adores her and loves making her happy. She does the same for him. She's such a little mommy. She nurtures and tries to take care of everyone.





Every day before school, Luna would round up Jack's shoes and help him put them on in the morning. If he cries, she is RIGHT there seeing what is wrong. Luna is always asking everyone, "You okay?" If we are out in public somewhere and she hears a baby crying, she will tell me: "Mom! Dat baby cry!" It is absolutely so distressing to her.

The other day we were at the store and a little boy was crying and she yells so loudly, "Mom! Dat guy is cry!"

I know everyone talks about the "terrible twos," but I actually love this age. It's so fun to see them become more independent and they say the funniest things. Luna's favorite word is "Mine." because she basically thinks she owns our house, everything and everyone in it. lol. She's also starting to string words together really well now. It's really fun having conversations with her. She is great at letting me know what she needs. And she loves talking to other kids.

She is so outgoing and friendly and I love that about her. Jack is like that too. And coming from someone with severe social anxiety and painful shyness, I am so glad my kids aren't like me in that respect.


Her favorite things to do:
Color
Blow bubbles
Take baths
Ride her bike
Go to the park
Help mommy and daddy
Dance and do yoga with mommy
Play with her cousins and friends
Video chat everyone she knows
Play with her dogs
Watch movies and shows with her brother

She's a huge fan of Trolls, Boss Baby, True and the Rainbow Kingdom (basically thanks, Netflix for all the OG content) but she is also a big fan of Nick Jr shows and PBS Kids.



Her favorite colors are pink, yellow and blue.

She can recognize about half of the alphabet (can also recite the song.) She knows all her colors and shapes and counts to 10. (If she feels like it. lol)

She dresses herself most days. Including picking out her own accessories. Mostly, I am surprised and impressed with her natural ability to color coordinate. Ha!



Luna is also about 50 percent potty trained. We are following a similar approach of what we did with Jack. Just going at her own pace. If she wants to wear underwear and use the potty, great! If not, we put a diaper on. It's really lax and no pressure. Although I am eager to remove diaper purchases from the budget.

She's still a horrible sleeper and will only stay asleep if I am right next to her. Yes, this means naps are a total shit show. She is also picky as hell taking after her big brother. She will only drink water (and breast milk, yeah we are still doing that. Fight me.) And she is pretty much only into eating green vegetables (yay!) hot dogs and pretzels. She's not crazy about sweets but enjoys a little bit of cake and cookies on occasion. She loathes chocolate with a passion. (what the what?) and would usually just rather snack on green beans. #legit.

We meant to celebrate her bday yesterday with a little birthday party but both she and Jack (and me whomp whomp) are sick. So we will try and do something this weekend.

The past two years have been all kinds of fun having Miss Lu in our lives. We are the luckiest little family and we are just obsessed with our little Luna Marina Dawn. <3




Editors Note: I am aware that I have basically given up on this blog. Ha! My intention was to move everything over to another blogging platform, but I honestly haven't had the time or the mental fortitude to take on the project as I have other projects in the works with my writings. But I had to get this milestone for Luna published. 


No comments:

Post a Comment